Target Connector Options
IoTize™ modules are typically connected to the debug port of an embedded system’s microcontroller or processor. The modules can be mounted and delivered with one of three standard connectors for ARM Cortex-M core-based devices.
- S10-xx* – 10-pin (0.05″) Cortex debug: This connector corresponds to a 10-pin header (Samtec FTSH-105-01) as specified by ARM. Connector dimensions: 6.35mm x 4.78mm.
- L20-xx* 20-pin (0.10″) ARM ‟old” standard– This connector corresponds to a standard HE10 20-pin header (compatible with former JTAG). Connector dimensions: 33mm x 18.5mm
- S20-xx* – 20-pin (0.05″) Cortex debug+ETM: This connector corresponds to a standard 20-pin header (Samtec FTSH-110-01) as specified by ARM. The ETM specific pins are left unconnected. Connector dimensions: 2.7mm x 4.8mm
- * ‟xx” corresponds to the length of the cable in centimeters. Standard lengths are 20, 40 and 60 cm.
- ** Modules support all protocols (SWD, JTAG, S3P) regardless of connection option that is selected.
An option (-PC suffix) can be added to the reference to specify that the module be packaged in a plastic casing. The following examples show complete part numbers with and without the casing option:
- IOTZ-TAP-NFC-S10-07-PC – Indicates an NFC only module with a small 10-pin SWD connector, 7cm ribbon cable and enclosed in a plastic casing.
- IOTZ-ROAM-S20-40 – Indicates a BLE+NFC module with a 20-pin Cortex connector (debug+ETM), 40cm ribbon cable and without a plastic casing.